Debating Europe is currently looking for a project assistant.
The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of planning and delivering Debating Europe’s debates. The main tasks include:
- Monitoring EU, world and national news to identify relevant topics for online debates, and conducting research to identify potential VIPs to interview.
- Arranging interviews with MEPs and other EU policy makers, and keeping the relations with Debating Europe’s users.
- Researching recommended readings.
- Assisting the Multimedia team in conducting VIP interviews.
- Moderating users’ comments and selecting questions for interviews.
- Researching data for infographics.
- Updating the database.
- Helping with the organisation of events.
- Assisting the team with other tasks when necessary.
Debating Europe is looking for candidates who can write well in English and have a good understanding of EU affairs.
The internship will be paid, and will be based in Brussels for a period of 10 months, starting from September 2014.
In order to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Internship” as the subject title.
Application deadline: Wednesday 9th July.
Please note that only preselected candidates will be contacted.